Kitty Snow’s great grandfather was a streetcar driver in Jackson Ward at the turn of the century. She inherited his collection of 3,000 photos and is now trying to identify them, publish a book and create an oral history to document the stories of people who lived Carver, Jackson Ward, Newtowne West and other neighborhoods of Greater Jackson Ward. You can hear her story below and you can see a slideshow on TimesDispatch.com The video starts after a 15 second commercial.
- Woman hit by bus expected to survive June 19, 2013 0
- Monday Afternoon Shooting June 18, 2013 0
- Sunday morning shooting June 17, 2013 1
- Monroe Ward Walking Tour June 16, 2013 0
- This week at The National – June 16-22 June 16, 2013 0
- 2013 RVA Grooves Summer Concert Series Lineup June 14, 2013 1
- The Hippodrome June 13, 2013 5
- Do you know a dog named Lila?
- Union Hill picnic tonight in Jefferson Park
- Richmond Statues and Monuments
- Missing this dog?
- Volunteers needed for Westover Baptist landscape project
- Woman hit by bus expected to survive
- In Transition
- Dig Into Reading this Thursday at West End Library
- George Mason (1952)
- George Mason School Reunion this Saturday
Pick a topic
Art art&entertainment Beer Books Buildings business calendar community crime Culture Downtown Drink Editorial Education Entertainment environment Family Film flotsam and jetsam Food gjwn.net government health history Housing memorial Murals Museums Music Pets Photos Politics property redevelopment Religion renovation Restaurants Richmond Police schools Sports technology theater Tourism Traffic Transportation